Ohio State Buckeyes
- Capacities: 17,500 for ice hockey AND up to 19,700 for basketball
- 4 ½ hours - approximately how long it takes to convert the arena from hockey to basketball configuration. 3 ½ hours: approximately how long it takes to convert from basketball to hockey. A record of 2 ½ hours was set for a double-header.
- 10,000 gallons — the amount of water needed to make 1" of ice/ 12 miles of pipe is laid under the floor to run the ice cooling system. Most people are surprised to learn the ice stays underneath the basketball or polar floor for the entire hockey season - October through March.
- 225 – Number of 4′ × 8′ wooden floor pieces in the Buckeye’s home court
- Curt Moody (Moody/Nolan Ltd.), one of the designers of the Schottenstein Center, was a walk-on OSU basketball player, lettering in 1971, '72 and '73.
Find officially licensed Ohio State University gear including Buckeye flags, bobbleheads,
T-shirts, Jerseys, and Hats online at OhioStateBuckeyes.com. Shop the Team Shop in person
at the Schottenstein Center's Northeast corner. Get your own personalized jersey on the spot at the embroidery station. The Official Team Shop is closed during most special events.