Find complete information about accessibility services including sign interpretation, arena access, purchasing accessible tickets and parking on the Accessibility Page.
Alcohol Policy/ Designated Driver Program
We seek to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests. We recognize our responsibility to ensure that alcohol sales, service and consumption are effectively managed. The Schottenstein Center and Levy promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages according to the TEAM (Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management) Program and Industry Best Practices. If you have any concerns, please contact any of our Guest Services Staff.
- Alcohol will not be sold or permitted to be in possession of persons under the legal drinking age of 21 years old. Servers will request identification from any guests that appear to be 30 years of age or younger.
- In accordance with Ohio law, Levy Concessions only accepts Ohio Driver’s Licenses, ID Cards issued by the Ohio Department of Public Safety for guests who do not drive, driver’s licenses from other states/ Canada that can be validated OR valid Military ID’s or Passports.
- Staff are trained to manage and monitor alcohol consumption and respond to alcohol-related issues.
- Guests who consume alcohol are expected to drink responsibly. A Designated Driver Program is available at Guest Services locations. Responsible Designated Driver participants will receive an identifying wristband and coupon for a complimentary soft drink.
- Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages into the facility or leave the facility with alcoholic beverages. Guests who appear intoxicated will not be permitted to enter the facility. Guests who violate alcohol policies are subject to ejection or further actions with no refund.
- Guests may only purchase or be in possession of a maximum of two alcoholic beverages at any time. Bottles and cans may be decanted into plastic cups if requested by the Artist.
- For events when alcohol is served, sales will be cut off according to the following general guidelines:
- Men’s Basketball – cut off at the 10-minute mark of the second half.
- Women’s Basketball – cut off at the start of the 4th quarter.
- Hockey – cut off at the start of the 3rd period.
- Concerts – cut off is generally one hour prior to the estimated end time of the show.
- Management may cut off or limit alcohol sales at any time. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guest.
Animals: Pets, Service Animals, ESAs
Animals with the exception of trained service dogs or miniature horses are not permitted in the Schottenstein Center.
Service Dogs in Training are recognized by the Ohio Revised Code and are permitted. Service dogs in training must be under control and have a liability insurance policy provided by the non-profit agency sponsoring the training. Typically, puppy rearing (under six months of age) focused on socialization and general obedience training is not considered Service Animal Training.
Emotional Support Animals may be permitted at Ohio State facilities as a reasonable accommodation. Requests must be reviewed by the University ADA Coordinator’s Office. Guests wishing to make a request for an Emotional Support Animal to an event should submit a disability needs form at least two weeks prior to the event they plan to attend. CLICK HERE.
Autographs AND Birthday/ Anniversary Messages
As a general rule, guests do not have the opportunity to obtain autographs from athletes or artists. For some concert tours or at certain designated games, special autograph sessions may be set up in the concourse.
With advanced notice, birthday / anniversary messages can be shared at Buckeye basketball and hockey games at a cost of $200. Email email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability for an individual game.
NO BAG Policy
NO BAG Policy
Bags or purses of any size are not permitted in the Schottenstein Center. Wallets and wristlets no larger than 5”x8”x1” are permitted. All items and persons are subject to inspection.
A dedicated screening lane is available for guests with medical, dietary or childcare needs – one bag permitted. We suggest leaving most items at home.
Management reserves the sole right to determine prohibited items. Guests may return them to their vehicle or surrender to Security without return.
The standard policy for most events (including Ohio State hockey and basketball games) allows small pocket sized point & shoot cameras.
Audio or video recording is prohibited.
The Schottenstein Center has gone cashless. Make parking, concession and merchandise purchases via debit / credit card or mobile payment.
Code of Conduct
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect you; however, an inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases such as COVID-19 exists in any place where people gather. Protocols will evolve according to changing standards and public health directives. Failure to comply with health and safety measures may result in removal from the Schottenstein Center. Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Guidelines
Guests are expected to act responsibly and be considerate of others. Clothing or garments deemed offensive (determined at the exclusive discretion of management) will not be permitted. Guests engaging in behavior including but not limited to profane or abusive language, intoxication, and fighting/ throwing objects may be ejected without refund and are subject to arrest.
Please note that we enact/ follow contractual obligations from most concert/ event promoters on a variety of policies from building temperature to camera policy to volume settings.
Here at The Schottenstein Center, concessions are available in a wide variety to suit all taste buds. From traditional concessions like Pretzels, Hot Dogs, Bratwursts, Donatos Pizza, and Popcorn to elevated offerings at the International Flavors location featuring cuisine from around the world to the Sear & Stack - premier burger locations.
Please reach out to Zach Thornton at zthornton@Levyrestaurants.com about any allergens or dietary restrictions!
COVID Healthy & Safety
For COVID Healthy & Safety details, CHECK HERE or individual event pages. Each event may be different. Protocols are subject to change. Ticketholders will receive a KNOW BEFORE YOU GO alert. By purchasing tickets OR attending an event, you agree to abide by the requirements in effect at the time of the event, which may include, but not be limited to providing proof of vaccination status and/or proof of negative COVID-19 test.
Doors/ Entry and Re-Entry
Depending on the event, doors typically open 60 to 90 minutes prior to the face-off, tip-off or show start time. Guests may not exit and then re-enter except in the case of personal emergencies - check with a supervisor at one of the rotundas to make arrangements.
Each of the Center's rotundas has a corresponding name:
Southwest side - Nuthouse Rotunda
Northeast corner - Carmen Rotunda
Southeast corner (Lane Ave. & Olentangy River Rd.) - Brutus Rotunda
Northwest corner - Block O' Rotunda
Drop Off / Pick Up --- Taxis/ Rideshare (Lyft & Uber)
Guests can be dropped-off before/ picked-up after an event on Borror Drive which runs along the North Side of the building. Parking Services staff will direct you to the designated location for your event. Drop-off/ Pick-up locations may vary depending on the event.
Taxis and Rideshare vehicles can be found after an event along Borror Drive on the North side of the facility. Uber & Lyft - Use pickup location "Scarlet Lots 1-2"
The Guest Services Booth at Section 127 will gladly call a taxi for you.
NO BAG Policy - Bags or Purses of any size are NOT permitted. Wallets/wristlets no larger than 5”x 8”x1” are permitted. A dedicated screening lane is available for guests with medical, dietary or childcare needs – one bag permitted. We suggest leaving most items at home.
Changing stations are available in all restrooms. Family Restrooms are available across from Section 124 on the Entry Level.
We have partnered with KultureCity to accommodate guests with sensory challenges or processing disorders. A Sensory Room is available at Section 104 on the Entry Level Concourse. Sensory bags (cleaned and disinfected between uses) containing KCVIP badges, fidget tools and noise canceling headphones and weighted laptops are available. Ask a Guest Services Team Member about access.
Child Ticket Policy - Ohio State University follows the Big Ten's policy requiring guests of any age to have a valid ticket for entrance into men's basketball and men's ice hockey games. For Women’s Basketball, kids under 2 do not need a ticket, but must sit in the lap of their parent /guardian.
For most concerts and special events, kids under the age of two do not require a ticket; however, they must sit in the lap of their parent /guardian. Some family shows require a ticket for kids of any age.
Strollers are welcome; however, their use may not interfere with other guests or block access. They can be stored under the guest’s seat or checked at Guest Services.
See Tag-A-Kid Program for peace of mind should your child get lost.
Wellness Room/ Nursing Mothers
A dedicated Wellness Room for nursing mothers is available at Section 104 featuring a refrigerator, microwave, sink, baby changing table and TV. Supplies are available. Ask a Guest Services Team Member about access.
First Aid (staffed by paramedics/EMTs or the American Red Cross) is located on the Entry Level at Section 118 and on the Terrace Level at Section 331. In an emergency, please notify any Guest Services staffer or uniformed police officer.
Coin-operated dispensers at both locations contain over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen.
Guest Services / General Information
Guest Services locations are open on all seating levels. Find the nearest location by asking a staff member.
We will do our best to help with everything from automotive assistance to customer service issues.
Lost and Found
Lost and Found is located in Guest Services at Section 123 and remains open for 30 minutes after events.
To ask about an item after an event has ended OR you have left the venue, CLICK HERE to submit a Lost Item Report.
We will try to find a match on the list of items found / logged. Reports will be viewed on the next business weekday. Found items that are matched to your Lost Item Report will be shipped directly to you (you are responsible for shipping fees) OR can be held for pickup.
Items will be kept for 30 days. Unclaimed articles will be donated or discarded.
Items we will hold: wallets and clutches, credit cards, IDs, electronics, keys, eyeglasses, jewelry, jackets/ outerwear.
Items that will be discarded: Personal clothing (t-shirts, pants, hats, socks, gloves, etc.), weapons (knives, mace, etc.) umbrellas, flip flops/ shoes, prescription drugs, tobacco or vaping supplies, personal care items (lotions, make-up, hair brushes, hair products, ear plugs).
Tickets purchased via ticketmaster are delivered as a SafeTix code. Your phone is your ticket. Make sure your phone is fully charged. Transfer or accept a transfer and add tickets to your digital Wallet IN ADVANCE! Not valid printed on paper OR as a screenshot. No smartphone? - bring your confirm email /photo ID to the Ticket Office the day of the event.
No Smoking/ Tobacco
The use of tobacco products (including and not limited to cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos, hookah smoked products, pipes, oral tobacco and nasal tobacco) is prohibited in all university buildings and on all university-owned properties, including parking lots, garages, and outside areas.
This includes any product intended to mimic tobacco products or deliver nicotine other than for the purpose of cessation.
CLICK HERE to PLAN YOUR VISIT - Parking & Directions
Prohibited and Permitted Items/ Security Screening
NO Bag Policy - Bags or Purses of any size are NOT permitted. Wallets/ wristlets no larger than 5”x 8”x1” are permitted. A dedicated screening lane is available for guests with medical, dietary or childcare needs – one bag permitted. We suggest leaving most items at home.
Management reserves the sole right to determine types of security screening. Refusal to comply, anything deemed by management to pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of other guests OR possession of any of the following may lead to ejection from the arena.
Prohibited Items & Security Screening
- Animals (except service animals)
- Banners, flags, posters, and signs are not permitted for OSU athletic events and for most special events. Some events allow small signs as long as they do not impede the view of other guests. Signs deemed offensive, vulgar or commercial will not be permitted.
- Containers (common examples include, but not limited to flasks, coolers, ice chests, cans, bottles, cups, thermoses, etc.)
- Firearms. Weapons are not permitted in the arena. Possession of a firearm or weapon is strictly forbidden. Possession of a weapon will result in immediate confiscation, ejection and/or possible arrest.
- Fireworks or explosives
- Food and beverages
- Inflatables (balls, balloons, etc.)
- Illegal Drugs
- Laptops and computers. Tablets without keyboards are permitted for sporting events only.
- Markers or paint
- Poles, sticks, pipes (including selfie sticks)
- Lasers and laser pointers
- Noise-making devices, including but not limited to: horns, whistles, filled milk jugs, and bells.
- Sports Equipment (common examples include but are not limited to balls, beach balls, footballs, baseballs, lacrosse balls, Segway’s or other motorized scooters, skateboards, and roller blades)
- Vending, peddling, product sampling and flyering are prohibited without the express permission of venue management.
- Weapons or items that mimic weapons, including but not limited to: (aerosol cans, scissors, mace, pepper spray, lighters, matches, firearms (including CCW permit holders) fireworks, pocket knives, knives, spiked bracelets, brass knuckles, martial arts weapons, stun guns, squirt guns, super soakers and wallet chains) or any item deemed dangerous or inappropriate
- Wrapped gifts, packages or items
- Any item or action that in the judgment of venue management may pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other guests.
Shuttles will not run for most events. Check individual event pages for details approxiametly one week before the event. Ticketholders will receive a KNOW BEFORE YOU GO alert.
Paratransit vans will run.
The TEAM SHOP
THE TEAM SHOP
Official Team Shop of Buckeye Nation
North side of the Schottenstein Center on Borror Drive. Pay & Display Parking available.
Open Monday thru Saturday: 10AM - 5PM and Sunday: 11AM - 4PM
Pre and Post-game hours for Home Football games vary.
Closed for most Schottenstein Center Non-Athletic Department Special Events.
The safety of our younger guests is a priority. We want your family to feel safe.
At most family shows, guests may register their child for the Tag-A-Kid Program.
Visit Guest Relations at Section 127 to get a wristband for your child showing their seat location. If the child becomes lost, event staff or security will have the necessary information to escort the child back to their seat. quickly.
Additional locations may be set up near the venue entrances.
Tours of the Schott
Let us show you around ...
WELCOME ... What to Expect